Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wikipedia Vision is Watching the World's Words

WikipediaVision is a nearly real-time visualization showing worldwide updates to Wikipedia entries. Pictured on a map of the world, bubbles pop up to pinpoint where on the globe anonymous editors are changing Wikipedia articles. It's a surprisingly mesmerizing site. Seeing which entries are being changed – by unexpected users in unlikely locations – is a lively reminder of Wikipedia's all-access policy. It's also a good grain of salt to add to our romantic trust in Wikipedia's accuracy.

Source: WikipediaVision
The creation of László Kozma, WikipediaVision is still in beta testing. Kozma's blog gives hints to his other projects, such as FishEyeTabs and random wiki image wallpaper.

In the classroom, WikipediaVision offers a great jumping-off point to discuss global collaboration and worldwide access to technology. It also presents an easy way to evaluate the pros and cons of Wikipedia's open-source model, where anyone can edit any article. These issues of accuracy and source quality are crucial for young researchers. They may be surprised to see who is rewriting articles about Thurgood Marshall, climatology, and Don't Ask Don't Tell.

Source: WikipediaVision

33 comments:

  1. The way you have described everything is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presently I am discovered which I really need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when people get together and share views. Great website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing such a great bog it is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog posts are more interesting and impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good information to know and right to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really satisfied with all the information I have found in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Valuable information. Quality content is good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete


  21. Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good to be going to your blog once more, it has been months for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicely this article that ive been waited for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to to thank you for this good read!!

    ReplyDelete

  25. Great web site! It looks really expert! Maintain the helpful job!

    ReplyDelete

  26. Thanks for some other wonderful article

    ReplyDelete

  27. thanks for sharing great blog article thanks again

    ReplyDelete


  28. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  29. Wonderful post! Great post on this website. Its awesome

    ReplyDelete

  30. this blog is one of my favorite thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Pin It